Monday, March 12, 2012

John Carter

I went to see John Carter this past weekend. With most movies I watch I try not to focus on the negative, but with John Carter, its not even a challenge. This movie rocked! I loved this movie from the beginning to the very end. The story, the action, the actors, the setting, all of it. As Mac pointed out, even the CGI characters maintained their book-born personalities and the movie makers did a great job in bringing these out. And John Carter was as bad as and action oriented as the book character. Dejah Thoris was perfectly cast as well; I had some misgivings about her, but the actress, Lynn Collins did a spectacular job with the roll.

Its a must see. Really classic pulp, sci-fi, action based movie.

The DO deviate from the original story a little, but the spirit of my second favorite fiction character of all time (next only to Tarzan) was beautifully rendered and captured! Very cool movie News!

3 comments:

Jack Badelaire said...

"The[y] DO deviate from the original story a little..."

If by a little you mean a lot, and for no good reason at all, then yes.

I just exploded about this over at Tankards & Broadswords. The film is a perfect example of what is wrong with how Hollywood handles adaptations of classic works.

Troll Lord said...

I absolutely loved the move. Gotta go with Mac Golden on this one and give it a 10 out of 10. I don't mind movies deviating from the written word; doesn't bother me as long as the move captures the essence, which it admirably did!

Anonymous said...

I'll have to see it again. I was sort of "meh" on this one. Then again, I was tired and dozed off once or twice. Tylrrmo

Gygaxian Fantasy Worlds: An Introduction

For several weeks now, we’ve been hyping up the Gygaxian Fantasy World series on various platforms, Facebook, X, Instagram, and Twitch. It ...