Tuesday, July 10, 2012

The Real Sailerman!

Whilst at the comic book store the other day I stumbled on an issue of Popeye by IDW. It was #1 of course which always drags out the latent comic book collector in me so I picked it up and thumbed through it. Fully expecting some weird ass modern interpretation with all that latent apologia we seem to have for being humans  I was pleasantly surprised to discover it had none of that. So I picked it up...its Popeye after all.

Once I read the comic I was very please. A simple story that involves Popeye on an adventure to the south seas where he punches a witch in the snooker! Great stuff.

Though really I don't know why he's with Olive Oil, she's just mean!


No comments:

Gygaxian Fantasy Worlds: An Introduction

For several weeks now, we’ve been hyping up the Gygaxian Fantasy World series on various platforms, Facebook, X, Instagram, and Twitch. It ...