Friday, July 12, 2013

Davis of the Nine Fingers

Okay, I may have told this story at some point, but I'm going to tell it again anyway. So years back Davis, my brother and co-author of C&C and a bunch of other stuff, was moving a trailer. He gets pretty mad at things that are and when he couldn't get the truck lined up (muddy yard) he manually wrestled the trailer onto the hitch, got his finger caught between the ball and trailer and severed it.

It wasn't crushed in the hitch but cut off and spit out . . . and he actually caught it. Well they sewed it back on at the hospital and shortly thereafter he introduced me to a scotch-induced pain relieving regime.

So there he sat in my kitchen (he sort of lived with me in those days as he was an archeologist and would stay with me when not in the field) holding his mangled hand and frankenstienesque finger when the phone rang.

Mac Golden, the other Trolllish author of C&C, was on the phone and asked to speak to Davis. When Davis picked up the phone Mac started to sing real loud so even I could hear: "Davis of the Nine Fingers and the Trailer of Doom . . . . "

It was awesome! So here it is, the greatest song that ever was.

1 comment:

Timothy S. Brannan said...

You got some messed up friends there man.

I like it! That is a great story.

Gygaxian Fantasy Worlds: An Introduction

For several weeks now, we’ve been hyping up the Gygaxian Fantasy World series on various platforms, Facebook, X, Instagram, and Twitch. It ...